What we do:
- Act as the bargaining agent for support staff working within the Calgary Board of Education. We enter into, interpret and protect terms and conditions of the Main Body and Professional Support Staff Collective Agreements.
- Provide members with advice and assistance in areas governed by the collective agreements including health and safety issues, WCB difficulties and benefit entitlements.
- Promote and encourage social and educational activities for SA members by running a two-day Convention.
- Foster member support and engagement through education and communication of our activities and strategic goals.
- Offer scholarships for high school students entering post-secondary, when a parent or guardian is a current member of SA.
- Promote and enhance professional development for SA members through the Support Staff Development Funds.